Random Thoughts from Malaysia

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Old Buddy came to town




Dianne....a good kindred spirit whom I met 9 years ago on a hill in Bukit Jalil wrote to say she was coming home for a week. Boy was I excited.....planned a party for her and all. Guess what...MAS cancelled her flight and she came in only two days later. She arrived sick and all so we didnt see each other till Wednesday 3 April for lunch at KLCC....my favourite spot...Chinoz on the Park.

She's been back a number of times since she left in 1998 and we always end up having great time together. Sometimes even seeing each other daily till she left again. I have also been very fortunate to visit her three times in LA where she now lives. Boy, do we have some funny stories to tell on my visits. I have spent day at work with her and had the opportunity to visit LAPD, LA City Hall and been fed well when she worked at the Daily Grill, watched a wedding proposal at a club in Pasadena, went clubbing at a Gay joint near Hollywood and the list goes on. We have been very blessed that we've been able to see each other fairly often but as kindred spirits, distance and time away has no effect on us.

This time Dianne brought along her man, Ralph. He was fun to hang out with and I reckon we got along pretty well. I even gave my SIRIM chop of approval. He was easy going and friendly for sure yet mature...which is important in our books. And he got along with Sophie my niece who is a tough cookie :)
After lunch that day, we met up that nite at Waikiki in PJ, an institution for those of us who grew up in the 80s and 90s in the area. Met up with Oscar, who's known Dianne for over 20 years and also Sara whom I got to know through Dianne. It was really nice to be reunited with them.

We had a good time listening to the song, singing, dancing and having a few drinks. Although Dianne and I met only once after that for dinner with my sis and bro in law but we had to be satisfied with those opportunities to meet. I miss her dearly but am so glad we got to meet up and spend some time together. We must be thankful for the little blessings in life :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home