Random Thoughts from Malaysia

Friday, April 13, 2007

Back to civilisation


It's been three months since I started my new job in KL. I have neglected the blog but it's time to get back to it. My last blog was when I was leaving Penang to head back home. After almost 8 years away from home, I decided it was time to move back to be closer to family and friends. Literally close to family.... as I moved back to my family home in PJ.


Before starting the new job, I was fortunate to take a break in Germany for Xmas and New Year. Went back to visit Chris and Cathrin and their lovely families. I reckon that trip warrants a separate post.


Anyways, I now sit in a high rise in the centre of the city...close to the Twin Towers and KL Tower. When I look out my window, I see both skyscrapers and Bukit Nanas...what a juxtaposition!


Recently, I had the opportunity to ride in a chopper around the city and I took some photos of the city. I reckon we all take it for granted when we see it at ground level but up above, it was awesome.



I reckon some people would think I am crazy to say this but I am so so glad to be back in the city, the concrete jungle. I don't relish sitting in traffic but it's a small price to pay for being back amongst friends and family in the middle of this gorgeoous city with its narrow dirty streets and winding highways and byways.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home