Random Thoughts from Malaysia

Monday, June 26, 2006

Malaysia Airlines needs a knock on the head

OH my goodness when I heard stories of people having to wait at the airport for hours without knowing when the flight would return I thought it would nver happen to me.......NEVER!!! specially when I flew on Malaysia Airlines. Always thought Air Asia would be the culprit of delays .....how wrong I have been

Last Wednesday evening, I was to have taken a flight at 620pm....but just when I got there....I saw that the flight was only going to leave at 650pm ....ohhh 30 mins was bearable. I got myself a seat and started reading soon...630 came and went...still no plane.....then closer to 645pm a crowd gathered at the gate but still no sight of the plane. Only an announcement" Due to adverse weather conditions, the flight to KL will be delayed, Malaysia Airlines apologises for any inconvenience" ......Now we were at about 7pm.....and still no news on when the flight may take off. Still I sat and waited...then I noticed that there were a couple of flights coming in and taking off...strange I thought

Anyways I hear the ground staff talking that the "plane tried to land but couldnt because of strong winds." Bizarre cause there were flights landing and taking off since the rain started. So there were lots of tourists who had to catch connecting flights and the ground staff were taking them away and putting them on other flights. Still no announcements for all the other travellers sitting and waiting like silly idiots!

Now...it was half past seven and a lot of us cornered the ground staff and asked to be put on any flight .....they said...ohhhh flights quite fool...we need to give priorities...and then someone said what's the criteria and the ground staff could not give one...neither were they apologetic and there I was ....HUNGRY as helllllllll...since it was almost dinner time.

Anyways to cut a long story short at 745, the ground staff advise us the flight is to leave at 830pm....so it would be 2 hours after I was originally supposed to leave.!!! Of course the flight didn't leave at 830...closer to 900pm and once I got to KL ....I was so exhausted but couldn't take a cab since there were NOOOOO cabs and I had to take the ERL to Sentral.

Overall ...a nightmarish trip to KL...one of the worst ever

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home