Random Thoughts from Malaysia

Monday, June 12, 2006

Ban smoking in clubs....

This past weekend I went out partying at a supposedly sophisticated club in KL. First they make you line up and look at their house rules. Can't wear this...can't wear that. Thankfully, I wasn't dressed too shabbily. Never mind all that.....you get in...you have a few drinks...by the way the compulsory drink charge limits you to only 3 types of drinks. Can u imagine?

So anyways, there I was with friends on the dance floor. Friends who know me are aware that I love to dance. There was ample space to move around and that was great. Met some friends too which was nice.

Now....towards the end of the nite, some folks had too much to drink and they were smoking on the dance floor. I know in Singapore and in some other clubs in Malaysia, drinks and cigarretes are banned from the dance floors. A wise decision I reckon but not at this sophisticated club....I got burnt by a drunken SPG witch who was smoking and swinging her cigarrette around. She got me at the back of neck....damn it hurt!

I am mooting a decision to ban smoking at all clubs/pubs...apart from avoiding burns....you'd also leave the club smelling good...and not having the smell of cigarettes on your clothes. Here's to a smoke free clubbing environment in Malaysia. We need to look at some cities in the US which have enforced such a ruling.If it works there...it can work here too.

Another issue for me to ramble on....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home